[Malay CultureFest 2018] Lintas Nusantara: An Archipelago's Prayer (Nusantara Berdoa)
This year’s Lintas Nusantara will feature dances from Aceh, Java, Kalimantan and Kelantan that are rooted in ritual worship. The 2018 edition will feature highlights such as the mystical and ancient Makyong, and traditional Dayak dance Sakaleki. Audience can expect the night to culminate with an energetic performance of the Rapai Geleng from Aceh, whose dance movements are reflective of the strong influence of Sufism in the region.
- Tari Padoa (Sanggar Tari Malole, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia & Kaizen M.D., Singapore)
- Makyong (Kelantan, Malaysia)
- Sakaleku (Sanggar Antang Batuah, Central Kalimantan, Indonesia)
- Wayang Menak (Guntur Mataram Dance Comapny & Akademi Seni Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, Indonesia and Gamelan Singa Ngalaras, Singapore)
- Rapa'i Geleng (Sanggar Cit Ka Geunta, Aceh, Indonesia)
About Malay CultureFest 2018
In conjunction with the ‘Undangan ke Baitullah: Pilgrims’ Stories from the Malay World to Makkah’ special exhibition, this year’s Malay CultureFest will focus on artistic expressions of devotion and faith, found throughout the Nusantara.
With a myriad of activities including newly commissioned performances, talks and workshops, Malay CultureFest 2018 is one cultural extravaganza not to be missed!
[ Fri ] - [ Sat ]
8:30 PM - 10:00 PM SGT
19 October: Lintas Nusantara (Adult) FULL 20 October: Lintas Nusantara (Adult) FULL
- Venue Address
- 85 Sultan Gate, Singapore Singapore